Being independent and earning one’s own living is quite exciting but this life also comes with its own sets of drawbacks the major among which is the level of the stress. Working individuals are exposed to high levels of stress that the pressure of work brings with itself. High levels of stress not only affect the mental and physical health but also affect the quality of work as well. Anxiety, depression, sleeping and eating disorders, weight gain or weight loss and memory impairments are the various outcomes of stress that the working individuals have to deal with.
- daily stressors need to relax by taking a break. To maintain the stress level one can indulge in their favorite activities and pass time such as listening to music, watching movies, gardening, playing video games, writing a journal and even taking a bubble bath. Indulging oneself in these activities can help in maintaining the stress levels of working individuals that in the long run that promotes a healthy state of mind.
- mediation and practicing yoga have been the proven ways to maintain the stress levels of working individuals. Meditation and yoga have the power to calm down the nerves of the entire body and bring a peace in the mental state that effectively works in reducing the stress levels.
- apart from meditation and yoga, researches have the proof that exercising regularly such as walking, jogging and the like can reduce the stress level.
- One of the best ways to reduce the stress of working people is not to keep it oneself rather opening up about it and talking to friends, family, relatives or even co-workers. Even if you are not on the lookout for any solution, talking about the matter that causes stress can reduce its impact.
- we humans generally tend to avoid unpleasant topics and circumstances, but situations demanding immediate attention should be given so before they turn into the crisis. This works towards maintaining the level of stress.
So it is important to have a healthy mind for a healthy life. We should take some time out for our mental health so that it should not be a roadblock to our success. Says Dr. Vipul Tyagi