The Mumbai Shopping Festival
The government of Maharashtra has decided to organize a shopping festival in the city of Mumbai to promote tourism. It is a replica of the Dubai shopping festival. This will be a 19 days longs festival from 12th January 2018 to 30th January 2018. This will be the first time when such a festival is held in India. The government has decided to conduct this festival at particular places. Music shows, talk shows, and theatres planned at popular tourist destinations of Mumbai. This is one of the most attractive features of the festival. It is planned to be kept open until late hours of the night.
There are many benefits from this festival both to the government and the people. They are as follows:
- The tourism of Mumbai will increase at this time of the year.
- Buyers can avail for discounts on many brands and hotels.
- The weather being favorable during this time of the year, people will enjoy the festival more.
- This will be like the international festivals.
- A lot of employment will be provided to the local people during this festival.
- The festival will also have food stalls from different parts of the world.
This festival is one of the biggest initiatives of the government of Maharashtra. The government wants to give this festival a world-class look and is very positive for its success.